Our focus at Mexico Grand Hotels is always on the safety and well being of all of our guests and employees, so we believe it is important to directly update you on how our hotels are responding to the global COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation.
As of today (March 23, 2020), State Authorities have confirmed two positive cases of Coronavirus in Los Cabos. The confirmed case is a tourist couple that showed no symptoms and sent to isolation under close medical supervision. An epidemiological fence has been set around those who were in contact with him to monitor and prevent an outbreak.
We keep monitoring all recent global and national news regarding COVID-19 very closely, as well as guidance from the World Health Organization (WHO) and state and local health officials such as Los Cabos Tourism Board, Municipal Civil Protection Unit and the BCS Secretary of Health.
We are totally aware that this is an evolving situation so we have proactively augmented our high standards for cleanliness and sanitation by adopting a host of precautionary measures across all our hotels, including the following:
- Antibacterial Gel and hand washing stations have been placed in high traffic areas, for easy use by our guests and employees.
- Reviewing and increasing the frequency and rigor of existing cleaning and sanitizing procedures, such as laundry cleaning protocols for linen and towels.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection protocols, focused on common surfaces at the hotels (elevators, front desks, public restrooms, entrance doors, etc.)
- A paramedic team has been hired to remain on-site for guest or employee assistance associated with American Medical Center - AMC Hospitals Los Cabos.
In addition, we continue to reinforce and train our employees regarding appropriate actions for disease prevention, such as:
- Training seminars for staff on detecting symptoms and proper steps and possible case management.
- All employees are receiving regular health screenings, including temperature checks.
- Frequent, vigorous hand washing and other good hygiene practices.
- Minimizing unnecessary physical contact and close proximity with others in our delivery of hotel services.
- Wearing latex gloves and cleaning with hospital-grade disinfecting wipes and other disinfecting products.
- All restaurant staff and personnel as well as the food-prep areas are receiving extra attention in terms of sanitization and the culinary team members are taking extra care with gloves and preparation of dishes following the strict guidelines set forth by the Distintivo H program.
Please know at Mexico Grand Hotels we are committed to assist you, doing all that we can to see that you have a safe, pleasant and memorable stay with us, at your home.
Thank you for your preference!